Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

coffee a major life goal :)

Coffee - had you said that to me five years ago, I would have turned up my nose and crinkled my face in that all understanding "yuck" face. But today it is different you say coffee and my nostrils flare looking for the scent. My mouth waters in anticipation of the warm liquid and my face glows with a countenance of excitement. You see coffee is something I sat my mind to. I decided about four years ago, I was going to like to coffee. It was going to be my sign of adulthood. I could just see myself looking all sophisticated with my cup of joe. That first cup took me all day to struggle down. Each day became just a bit easier and the taste seem just a bit more tolerable. Each passing week, I was able to lessen the amount of cream and sugar it took to gag it down. And now as I sit here sipping my beautiful cup of morning deliciousness with two sweet'n'low and two scoops of cream, I am comforted by the fact that I accomplished my goal - of tolerating coffee that is, I am still not completely grownup and far from sophisticated. But this experience does make me think - why can I do this coffee and not other things. Why can't I say I am gonna exercise and then do it - knowing the first days, weeks, and months are gonna be painful and barely tolerable. Why can't I say I am gonna have daily quiet time with my Saviour and then do it - knowing that finding time in my crazy life will be hard and difficult but eventually will become second nature. Why can't I say I am gonna. . . and do it. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment