Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

scars

So several months back, I had a small surgery on my hand. Was supposed to be no big thing - Right. They always say that. Anyway the point is now I have a small 2 inch scar on my right wrist. The swelling has gone down and most of the pink is gone so now it pretty much just looks like a line on my hand. One that would wig out a palm reader, but none the same, to most just a line. But to me it will always be a scar. It will always be a reminder of pain suffered to remove and unwanted issue. Now my question is - is that a bad thing? To be reminded that something has been removed and is no longer an issue. I know you see where I am going with this right. How many scars to we have in our lives? Not visible ones, I talking about the stuff that happens to us that scars our spirit. Many times we look at these and only see the horrible stuff that happened to cause the scar. Why can we not look at the scar as a reminder of something that has been removed or an issue that is no longer? I thank God that He is a remover. And now slowly, I think, I am glad He leaves the scars. So that I can look at them not as reminders of the horrible things that happen, but as a reminder of pain suffered to remove and unwanted issue :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment